Art artist

Oriol Angrill Jordà

11:58 PMUnknown


“I did not start like most of the artists I’ve met. As I’ve been listening, a majority of them had been enthusiastic about Art, almost since they were born, as a native desire to create or express themself.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t like that to me. It was like a research of what I did better. I really had no interest in drawing or art culture. I completely unknew there were people living and working on Art. Despite my childish ignorance, I had already an easily skill to draw or rather that, a facillity to represent what I saw on paper. 

At the age of 12, I started doing my first art lessons as an after-school activity, with the same educational purpose as parents take their children to music lessons or sport activities. By the way, I also did those other activities. 

I’ve always been a bad student and I had a fervent tendency to distractions. I used to waste massive time starring at each shade, light that brighted onto my classmates, following the flight of a fly or how the pencil fell down while I was pushing the table up with my feet. 

With tough efforts to study and gradually passing courses, years were going on with no artistic relevance up to High School when I found out what I did not like to do. I managed to pass 1st High School in Science and then I changed to Art branch to start my early knowledge about the world of Arts and people that surrounds it. Began huge family problems due to my absence from school. I failed and the following year was quite similar but less frequently non-appearence issue. Unconsciously, I became more and more interested in the artistic world, images, pictures, illustrations, featured artists… M.C. Escher was who encourages me to make draws as better as I could. 
Then I realized that I could do something well done enough. After that, I started Illustration at the Escuela Superior de Diseño de las I.Baleares. There, my interests were almost clear and I decided to dedicate myself to Art and do the best I can.” 


“I just like to draw things that happens in real life, I’m tired to visit contemporary art galleries or museums, all I find there it’s just like visiting primary schools on a parent’s day. They try to express themselfs in a random or painting fade throwed on a canvas or sticked trash into a litter. All it is shown is valid and allowed.”













All images © Oriol Angrill Jordà

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Inspiration images

Contact Form